Mid-Year Reports are due Monday, October 28!
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARATION OF MIDYEAR REPORTS
CONTENT OF REPORT
1. Include a summary of important decisions, significant activities, objectives achieved, and other important matters that occurred during and since the previous MLA annual meeting under the relevant goals in the MLA Strategic Plan and the priorities for the current year.
2. If a report contains a motion, the report should include the following background information:
a) name of MLA entity which is required to take action;
b) specific action to be taken;
c) costs, if any, which will be incurred and proposed sources of funding;
d) time frame for the action;
e) any documentation which will facilitate the Board’s decision-making process (statement of circumstances prompting the motion and/or past MLA action on the issue).
Use the following format for motion:
After the body of the report, leave two lines blank, then type the word MOTION (centered, bolded, in all caps).
Please remember to state clearly whether or not there is a motion.
If the report contains a motion to the Board, the first line reads….
MOVED, that the MLA Board of Directors…
If the report contains no motion and is information only, the first lines reads…
This report is informational and requires no action by the Board of Directors.
3. Committee personnel should be listed in alphabetical order; followed by consultants, if applicable; MLA representatives, if applicable; headquarters program director; Board of Directors liaison; and committee chair.
4. Limit your report to two pages.
SUBMIT YOUR MIDYEAR REPORT
1. Send your MIDYEAR report as an attachment to an email sent to email@example.com. Please to put the name of your committee, task force, chapter, section or allied group in the SUBJECT LINE.
2. At the top, put the name of your committee, chapter, section, or affiliated organization.
3. Leave two lines blank and then begin your report. Please do NOT indent paragraphs.